Saturday, April 7, 2007

Overly full social calendar this weekend


As I have said, the visa will be available on Monday. I am flying out Tuesday night on Thai air and will hopefully be home to pick up John from preschool on Wednesday.
Things have been crazy here. I ran around on Friday afternoon to get flights, then came back and said goodbye to the friends in my travel group who were heading home that evening. Liana really misses Emma just like I will miss Kathy, Maureen, and Mel.
Saturday morning Liana and I were back at Thai air first thing to confirm our Tuesday flights. After her nap we went to the market to stock up on formula and Diet Coke- obvious who is drinking what here. We then went out to lunch with 9 of the PLAN families- lots of babies and chaos, but good food. The Doubleday-Bush family had arrived and stopped in to meet Liana and I after reading our blog- I love this family and wish they had been here sooner so I could have spent more time with them (No, I am not staying longer to get to know them better!!) Later Holly and baby Krista visited with some of the PLAN staff and then met another mother, Rene out for dinner. This evening I said goodbye to another family from another agency that I have gotten to know well.
Tomorrow is just as crazy- play date with the Los Ninos Agency babies over at the Somerset Hotel in the morning. In the afternoon, Holly and I have arranged for baby sitters while we get facials and massages, then i am off to a dinner with the new PLAN families who are just arriving- I am going to see if they will make Liana an honorary member of the BaVi buddah baby group as so far she is definitely the biggest, chubbiest baby around! (BaVi is the orphange where a lot of the PLAN babies are from and they are all well fed!)
Monday Liana and I will take it slow and recover from our social whirl and Tuesday we will pack up again!
I have posted a picture of Liana playing with Esther and also Rosie and Krista. Tomorrow I will post one of her in her Easter dress.

No comments: